Yes, well, I inquired with the IT7 Road Atlanta regulars, guys who can turn 47s all day long in their sleep, and my answer to the question of where that ungodly time of 1:45 came from resulted in two comments:

- The car is driven VERy hard, and uses ALL of the track. Not much left on the table there..
- And it handles VERY well on the straight.

When I pressed the last comment, I just got shakes and shrugs. And frowns. LOL.

All I know is I wish I could find a way to make MY car run like that down the straight!

(That said, just to put things in reference, my motor is a 1 yr old ISC build, but my carb is bone stock...borrowed just for this event, as my Yaw carb had to go back to Yaw for a looking at as it ceased to run correctly a year ago. Still waiting for him to return it- or a phone call. Thanks to NE racer Grant McStay for the kind loan of his never opened carb. Seemed to run OK, Grant. EGT temps were about 200 to 300 off front to rear though. Maybe theres a bit more power there? )
[/b]
At least people give me some credit for driving the shit out of the car before they say I have crazy power I swear the motor is nothing special. When I was running with Jeff Ryan on the back straight I could barely pull along side him with a draft, exiting 7 pretty much on his bumper. I tried bump drafting with him a few times and could only touch him twice. There are a few other IT-7 cars out there with WAY more. If Jeff would put some Hoosiers on his car It would have been a very close race, his car was pretty loose. Sean was right there too.

My secret? 11.3:1 air fuel ratio. If I figure out how to lean the damn thing out without going smaller than 150s in the secondaries then I'll be in business! Last dyno showed 120 whp, I don't think that's too much...