i am updating / upgrading the ITB car to allow running National races to have more flexibility in running more race close to home. the fuel costs for two long tows can go quite a ways to paying for a fuel cell, etc.

i have also asked about what to do at the Prod board and some have said that bolt together cage from SS/IT is not allowed and it must be an all welded design but most seems to be commenting from recollection and not referencing rule sections. frequently on this board, there seems to be tech inspectors that also race and i just don't know who they are on the other board.

i can't find anything under section 18 of the production rules that says this.

in fact, part of the cage rules mentions removable bracing:

18.6.1. Bracing - Open and Closed Automobiles
All required bracing shall be the same diameter and wall thickness as listed in 18.1.6., Material. (Main and front Hoops)

b. Removable Bracing:
Removable bracing shall incorporate connectors of the double lug, tapered, or muff-type as shown in Figures 9, 10, and 11. The double-lug type shall include a doubler, gusset, or capping arrangement so as to avoid distortion or excessive strain caused by welding.
[/b]
if "bolt together" SS/IT cages are not allowed, how can there be removable bracing? Is it a matter of the design of the "removable" sections?

and if i need to make it "all welded" can i just weld the ends of the sleeves on for the "bolt-together" sections?

tia, tom