I normally drive the car on and off the trailer and the last couple race weekends I wasn't sure the car was going to run to get it back on (fuel line broke and starter ground cable broke - both fixed enough to drive the car on). I've had a winch on the list of things to get for the trailer and started looking seriously at them over the past couple days. Got a couple questions that maybe somebody can answer.

1) Do I need a winch rated at the car's weight or can I get one rated lower? The car weighs 2600 lbs, but it's on wheels so I'm wondering if the winch actually needs to be rated 2600 lbs or higher. I sure as hell know I'm not exerting 2600 lbs of force when I push it.

2) How to mount it? I was just going to mount it on the floor, but it seems like the cable will rub on the floor because the car is going to be below the trailer floor on the ground outside. Does that matter? I was thinking of bolting the back of the winch into/through one of the trailer floor rails and using a piece of steel plate for the front holes. Will that be enough? Should I have the steel plate welded to the trailer floor rail?

This site

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Categori...CategoryId=420

seems to have pretty good prices and I was looking at picking one up. Anybody have any experience with the Mile Marker brand?

Thanks.

David