***Protest the known cheaters and the class will clean up - ANY class. You can't be sour if you don't act.***

I use the words of Andy only because they are handy.

I started the process of building a Spec Miata. Bought a bunch of stuff including a highly regarded on the Spec Miat site bent & notched roll cage which they all raved about including the GREAT instruction manual with good photos. The car was prepared for the cage instalation by time the cage arrives. The roll cage bends, notches & cage workmenship instruction manual including photos is fantastic.

ONE very large issue, the photos show that one MUST take the torch & burn out the WELDED box members of the chassis between the A pillar & the air cowl at the firewall. NOT LEGAL per my understanding of the SS, IT, SM rules. NOT LEGAL per three top guns from the CenDiv who drive Spec Miata per their understanding of the SS, IT, SM rules. NOT COMPLIANT per SCCA Topeka understanding of the SS, IT, SM rules.

Golly, what would the thread on the Spec Miata good ol boys site have to say about someone protesting their chassis because the chassis is not complete as delivered per OEM.

This sort of illegal issue would get the same work around as the Spherical bearing.