Victor, thanks for posting an update. Very glad to hear you are reasonably OK. News was rather sporadic and sketchy on Sunday so I think a lot of people were anxious to hear something positive (I know I was). Please call if you need anything and get well soon!

You are now my poster child for a head and neck restraint system. I use an ISAAC, but I have gone out a few times in other cars without it. I think it's easy enough to swap from car to car and will most likely do that now (though enduros make it tough, with other drivers and such).

I can remember back to the first years of NHIS and flagging for a driver's school at station 7. A FV went off the exit of 6 and went airborne into the trees. He came to rest in between a boulder and a tree without a scratch. Pretty lucky SOB (Fos, if you are reading, you are a lucky SO. But, back then, there wasn't any sort of barrier before the trees.

Last year I went off in a rental Miata and did everything I could to stop. I didn't get as far out as Victor or the FV, but I also don't remember a jersey barrier wall before the trees. Was there really such a thing?

Jeremy