They will make a recommendation that they feel will be the best for the class in 2007.

I didn't create this monster. This monster was created when the 2006 rules were activated just before the 2005 SIC and enforced for the event when there had been an open tire rule all year.

The REs make the final decision on all the regional class rules - every year. Some may vote their own opinion. Some may take the recommendations of the CRB, advisory boards, and the racers. ........ The IT7 advisory group will have this (incomplete-) information when they make a proposal. The CRB will also have this material. The REs will have this material. They can choose to use it or not.

Toni Creighton
[/b]
I know I'm not involved, but as an outsider, my view might be interesting.

Maybe it's just the delivery, but in a way, the above quote makes me glad I don't race there, LOL! ( I added the colored wording) The italicized sections are a bit intimidating. Perhaps they were written to encourage participation, or maybe I'm reading into them.

The bottom line here is that the racers should be able to shape their own future, not an RE voting on the whim of his opinion. Now, if that opinion is brought about because the RE has been given no concrete information on what the racers want, then somebody has failed to protect their stake. Toni is at least trying to add information to the pot, but it's not a comprehensive method. Through no fault of hers of course, it's not even close to her job, from what I can see. (Perhaps she's trying to run the flag up the pole as she feels that decisions are being made without proper representation, and she doesn't like the possibility of backroom dealings, who knows?)

I was amazed by the numbers of IT7 racers taking part in competition as listed above. That's a significant group! The IT7 AdHoc commitee needs to take this seriously, and it appears by the deadlines posted, it's a bit late for that.

Without legitimate input, the REs would be wrong in changing the existing rule.

I'm reading some conflicting reports. Toni alludes to a flawed decision to start with, and rampant complaints from the SARRC Administrator, the ECR Administrator and the drivers.

Yet the poll has been quoted as being 5 to 1 in favor of the Spec tire. (along with complaints the actual tire wasn't listed, sufficient options weren't given, etc)

What the heck is going on here?? LOL.

With this much controversy, you all need to stop, create a comprehensive method to poll ALL the drivers, and get full range feedback. It might require two polls. One to eliminate the non starter conceptsl, another to choose the actual tire.

Poll 1- For the IT7 class, do you favor:
1- No spec tire
2- Spec tire XX
3- Spec tire YY
4- Spec tire ZZ
and so on....

....when results come in, throw out the obvious losers, post the results on the next poll, and re poll with just the choices that got the most votes.

Poll 2- Results from Poll 1 were tabulated as "...yada yada yada..." , Therefore, the choices have been narrowed. Do you favor:
1- No Spec Tire
2- Spec tire HHH
3- Spec tire GGG

This should help narrow down the choices, and give everyone a method to voice their opinion.

Some will vote in poll 1 for a spec tire, but not like the choice in Poll 2, and vote "No spec tire". Which is as it should be.

The same poll should be given the following year, OR the rule should be cast in stone for 2 or 3 years.

But this whole non comprehensive ask at the last minute and let the REs decide based on their whim stuff is pretty scary. IT7 drivers need to contact their IT7 ad hoc reps and tell them to get on the stick.