Yep, a really large stack of tires now protects everyone from the Evel Knievel jump. I think around 90mph or so at that particular spot for me. I guess MO's thought was that they would rather have you test your frontal impact skills rather than your flipping skills. I have to assume this will be fixed properly later on.

Fun weekend for me as well even though I pulled a boner 3 laps in to quals Saturday morning and stuck up to the axles in gravel at the end of the backstretch. Sheesh. Still not sure what happened, it just snapped on me. Never did it the rest of the weekend. Thanks to everyone for not duplicating my effort and smacking my car as it sat there the rest of the session. One of the ITE Porsches had me pretty nervous as he was pretty sideways a few times there. I had some issue picking up my points on track without the concrete, and I really don't have a very good feel for the track yet anyway. After starting DFL on the field for Saturdays race, had fun with Buddy and Phil, but never really set a decent lap. Best was only a 1:55 I think. It was really fun with Phil as his RWD line and my FWD line made for some interesting corners!
Sunday was better in that I didn't dump it in a trap but still only qual'd a 1:55 (last years worn Kumhos were not really helping). Had a crappy start in the race Sunday and eventually ended up with no one around me after a few laps, so I took the opportunity to try some new things on track. T&S had me down to a 1:50 during the race so I guess I figured some things out. I'll be interested to see the mylaps data. Unfortunately my video did not run during Sundays race.

Ian, waiting to hear about what happened on the backstretch. That was nasty and you had us all pretty worried as we came by. That dust cloud was enormous. I couldn't see anything so I just followed the guy in front of me hoping he knew or would clear a path!

Kevin, I think I drank about 31.4 beers myself between Friday and Sunday.
The thunderstorms and wind Saturday night didn't help much as my pup-tent felt like it was going to take flight!