Well we finally got a full race distance under the belt with the Corrado.
Turned the fastest race lap @Nelson on Sunday as well. However the real fast guys were not there.
A fast (RX7, Integra) lap at Nelson is a very low 1:16. The Corrado was able to turn a 1:17.9

So for all those VW guys out there that want to move up, I say build an ITS Corrado or Golf GTI.

It's got quite a bit of motor on many of the others in ITS and making them handle which I thought would be near impossible has turned out better than expected.

We're running our own custom ECU code that I'll make available to any VR6 racers. I have documented proof that it makes more power than the GIAC etc. generic chips.

The car now "turns in" great and we&#39;ve dialed out almost all the understeer. The only understeer I have experienced is when I botch up a corner entry and have to do the "lift, gas, lift, gas, lift, gas boogy". <_<

The high rate springs have tamed the nose heavy VR6 and the clutch diff is awesome. I have yet to spin an inside wheel even in the hairpins at BeaveRun and Nelson!

With proper Hawk Blue or HT10 type race pads and good venting (G60 ducts!) I have had no issues with the brakes either. I&#39;m even able to get heat in the rears which helps warm the wheel and tire and make the back end work...which never happens on our Golf 2.

We&#39;re currently running 205 V710s due to some tire/fender issues but I think a 225 can be shoe-horned in there with the proper offset/spacer/strut/camber combo... It needs the bigger front tire.

There are a lot more things to develop on this car and I see it doing quite well in ITS. So starting gutting the Golfs!

PS - the ITCS weight for the Golf is wrong. It should be 2680 like the Corrado and Jetta.