In 2000 Tom Fowler, Tim Meeks, Alex Muresan, Mike Cottrell, yours truly and many more requested to have the CRX returned to original weight of 1950 lbs from 2140( if I remember correct not sure about the weight ) all these letters sent and the reply that we got from SCCA saying was they don't do weight adjustements !!!! we asked for the weight to be reduced because of the famous 240sx of Bob Stretch that could not be beaten.
I know more about CRX than any of a lots of you guys so trust me on that one, I built 3 of them, Alex Muresan and I won the ECR championship in 2000 in one of them, I won the Pro It championship same year, finished second at the ARRC behind Fowler, won the SIC in 2000 and 1999 all in a 1988 crx si

Do your research or maybe Andy can help us to get an update on exactly what was the first original weight on the CRX when it was first put in ITA, I forgot the number but I am sure it will help all of us to remember the real story of the crx in ITA.

Again I like the current weight adjustement to even the field, my car was always around 2180 to 2190 and I never had problem with it, but my concern is that the CRX at this point with 2250 is heavier than the factory original car and maybe parts on it can not handle the load (they handled 2180 to 2200 but maybe 2250 is stretching it). That issue can get SCCA in a safety matter and would be an issue than need to address, you can not take a car designed and built around 2017 lbs and you add more weight to 2250, parts may fail and put the driver in danger.
SCCA should never let any car be heavier than factory weight for racing not only the crx but any other car, the engineers who built these cars are not stupid.
SCCA first concern should be safety not slowing down a car.

Louis Boustani

[/b]
Louie, Louie!

Jake has been in ITA for ever too so I will let him find out the original weights. (Wasn't this car in ITS at some point? Maybe that was the weight in that class...)

You get to choose now. 2250 in ITA or (for safety reasons ) 1800 in ITS (1620 without driver) !

The problem is that there are cars that are either going to be heavier than their curb weight in a lower class (like the DOHC Neon in ITA) or lighter than they could ever possibly get to in a higher class. What to do?