Nobody has really posted results so we could compair, and I admit I have not got the time to go searching through and reading al the SIR/BMW discussions, however while not a contender now in ITS I am interested in the overall IT community. Thus my thoughts/idea...

The facts that I seem to have taken away from what little I have read, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong:

1) The BMW "lovers" and SIR "haters" seem IMO to think that the BMW should have had extra weight rather than an SIR.

2) The SIR seems to have slowed cars anywhere from 1 second to 3 seconds a lap? (Is that a good range?)

3) Unlike in cars I am familiar with weight makes a huge impact on a BMW and in many peoples view could have compensated for the "performance advantage" if done correctly.

4) The ITAC has a process of reviewing a cars performance each year for the first few years and will make adjustments accordingly.

My idea: After reviewing results why not have the BMW still run a SIR but possibly reduce its weight to compensate for the "lack of performance" it now has with an SIR??? If that is a possibility what would be a good weight with an SIR?

The rules for replies!!!

1) Don't fill up the topic with arguments about how the car can't run with an SIR (you are doing something wrong if it isn't running, I have seen one run with decent power) or how the 325 is dead and we shouldn't bother trying to "help" it. The ITAC/CRB etc. reads this forum, and insulting them doesn't help anything but fustrate them and thier hard work.

2) If this has been discussed someplace else let me know and I will go check it out!!!

Raymond "The car is a great car for ITS and if I can't afford a 944 then I would like to see it still as a feasable option for myself and others in the future (however far away that is " Blethen