I have only seen one video (the one posted here) and I did not see the race... I had lots going on in my world as well, so with that all I want to point out one thing that I instantly saw in the video and many drivers I think could benefit from the advice... It may or may not have anything to do with the incident, but it instantly came to mind.

Go sit in your car and check your mirrors... do you have blind spots? If so fix them... this is racing and you never know where somone might be trying to make a move. While it is the responsability of the "passing" car to have room I personally feel that it is also the responsability of the "getting passed" car to leave room. This also aplies (and may be more relevent) in hard braking zones... Once you have entered the braking zone the car that is trying or maybe made a mistake and outbroke you when they shouldn't have probably cant slow down any faster than they are, if you turn down on them they have NO PLACE to go. people seem to always use the excuse "I never saw you" or "it was my line, you should have moved." Remember that once a driver has made a commitment to some sort of action many times they cant change that, and if you can avoid them to prevent an accident you should, for yourself, for them, and for the rest of us who want to go home without an incident. You might loose a position and if you really feel they made a "red mist" move or "dive bomb" go chat with them after the race, with a stright car...

My initial thought when watching the video from (I think) the blue Sentra is that the green VW didn't see the sentra, or thought the sentra had plenty of room to continue moving over. The sentra with good reason went for the open hole, as any aggresive/good driver would do. The sentra may or may not have been able to slow down to avoid the hit, not sure. At anyrate, I simply saw 1 video and different views certainly add a different opinions many times.

Glad to see everyone will make it out for another day, good luck on your repairs!!!

Raymond "we have all made mistakes, most of us have learned and will continue to learn" Blethen