Thought you guys would like to know that the Meccanic Shop North/Davis Motorsports Acura Grand-Am team snagged a podium finish at last weekend's Grand-Am Cup at Virginia International Raceway in its very first Grand-Am appearance!

Starting dead last, the #144 Davis Motorsports Acura RSX-S, driven by Mike Galati and Bob Endicott, finished 3rd in class and 22nd overall. The #143 RSX, driven by Nick Leverone and Lorenzo Serra, finished 9th overall but was dropped to 16th because of a PUY; the #142 RSX or Anthony Serra and Jason Adamski rounded out the trio in 21st.

According to Anthony Serra, "...my crew was awesome this weekend, we are brand new and real green at this stuff, I think we caught a few people off guard! Mike & Bob are incredible drivers; Mike just drives the wheels off of it and Bob engineers it to last the whole race and handle and be perfectly balanced.

"(The #142 car) got damaged pretty bad with two to go, but should be back in shape for Laguna. (We sure are) learning a lot!"

I'm sure I'm not the only one to offer this truly grassroots team a hearty CONGRATULATIONS for their efforts and results! Go get 'em, Tiger!

Full results at:
http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/Sessio...p?SessionID=658