Hey all,

I just picked up a 91 RX-7 track car. While it's not quite legal for ITS yet, the plan is to bring it into line with the GCR over the next year while running HPDEs and Timetrials to get used to the car on track.

The previous owner had installed a Corbeau Clubman on Corbeau sliders. This little seat was not going to fit a man of my, errr... "stature" (6'0", 260). This week I picked up a Kirkey Intermediate 20 degree seat. I wanting to mount it in the car and am wondering the best way to do that. Sitting (squeezing into) the clubman puts my head almost in the roof, so I believe that I need to mount the kirkey directly to the floor.

The car has an auto-power bar in it and due to budget the full cage is not scheduled to go in until the end of the year, so I cannot consult my cage builder (I will when the time comes to have the cage put in).

So does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to mount the seat? Side mount? Bottom mount? Home Depot Race Shop? URLs or references are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-bill