Then look at post #23.[/b]
Yes, I saw that. Who is "they"? Raetech, or the SCCA? I also don't see anything in that post about correctly-sized flanges.

As far as the plumbing goes do a search for silicon hose. [/b]
Shouldn't I search for silicone hose?

I found many sizes and shapes that would fit the intake system of our E36's.
[/b]
Can you provide a specific supplier and product? I can't find anything that will reduce the 80mm diameter of the MAF flange to the 3.0-inch flange on the SIR. I've been all over the Samco site, and a few others. (Some that look really dicey, too.)

I suggest a K&N Filter which should fit easily.[/b]
No need for a filter; I'm quite happy with the cone filter I've got. It has a 3.0-inch flange which I can mate to the 3.0-inch flange on the SIR with bit of silicone coupling hose.

You seem unsure of your self when trying to make this work, if so I suggest a pro. I am sure they could fit this up with very little trouble and little expense. If I find anything out I'll post it ASAP.
[/b]
Well, as Andy is happy to point out, I know nothing about SIRs.

So for now, I'm just trying to make the car legal. As I've stated previously, the hangup is that the reducer knocks me down to 3.0 inches (76.2mm) when I should have an OD of 80mm. I don't think silicone hose is going to give enough (at least, good silicone hose shouldn't!), and I'd hate to force something over the plastic flange on my MAF and crack it as it's an expensive part. It's slightly less than the SIR itself, but still...