Jeremy did submit dyno sheets - and we thank him for it, but they prove nothing. The motor is far from built. Nicely tuned for what it is but come on, the data is irellevant, no?
[/b]
Yes, I would agree the dyno sheets of his car don't support this argument and not really valid data to base a change of weight on. I think the HP potential is fine for this car. I think it has enough power to keep up. Not optimal, but enough.

Smack dab in the wheelhouse of the process.
[/b]
agreed. I think it fits there. But HP isn't the whole story.

On to the brakes. Do you know what was a very competitive ITS car before the E36 325i/is obsoleted it? The E30 325i/is. Same sized front brakes, 2750lbs. You are gonna find a LOT of cars at a higher weight with the same sized or smaller brakes.
[/b]
I'm betting all of those heavier cars are all RWD, so the brake size doesn't have an effect on them because they don't have all that weight over the front axles.

Yes, the car is FWD but how can we quantify the issues?
[/b]
I don't know either.

And your 5th gear comment holds no water. Take a look at the RX-7 5th gear. WORSE. RX-7 is .76 and GSR is .79. 15 cars in ITS have a equal or worse fifth gear.
[/b]
Yeah, you got me there. Ok, so we throw that out.

We don't count FWD and weight distribution twice (unless it's something OBSCENE)
[/b]
Well then in this case I think it needs more of a break because it is FWD. I mean how many FWD cars are spec'd at that weight with those size brakes? I haven't looked, but I'm gonna guess none. This is a unique situation. Do you ever see FWD cars at the front in ITS? I haven't. Makes ya wonder. I think for ITS, the FWD needs to cut it more of a weight break. I really do.

Class dismissed... :P
[/b]
Hahaha! I don't think so buddy. Ok, concede me this. Do you think the RX7 is the middle ground that you (ITAC, CRB, whatever) is striving for when it comes to equalizing ITS? With how close these cars are on paper (power band and peak power, gearing, brakes, aero, etc), just given the fact that the Integra carries 270lbs more up front it needs the break just based on that! And when the car is 100lbs heavier than spec curb weight (i know, not a good way to base race weight, but it's a good indicator that the brakes weren't designed for that extra weight) so that extra weight on the front provides extra grip argument goes out the window buddy! To be honest. I really think this car needs a 100lb weight break for it to have a chance. In a completely objective sense that's what I really believe, completely based on the fact that it's a FWD platform at 2700lbs, with 60/40 weight distribution and 10.3" front brakes.

In the interest of full disclosure, Steve called me on his way home from work and we busted each others chops. Good debate - like I said, the system may not be perfect for everyones car but it is the SAME system.

[/b]
Yes, we did have a good laugh over this and we will continue to joke about this! But, for the rest of the people on here, I think I have some valid points as to why this car needs to weigh less. Though, it seems I'm alone in this.

Jeremy, the good news is I think that LRP is a great track for this car to excel. Not much braking, though with all the right turns that front left will take a beating. But, of all the tracks in the NE, I think LRP is where this car will shine.

s