Andy,

The hp/wieght you described is a little misleading. First of all when you are talking about the better RX7 builds , are you refferring to a motec type system or just a good build.? The reason I bring that up is because a very good BMW build without motec is around 195hp. If you truely are comparing the two there pretty equal. According to your math you used a very good build BMW vs. an average RX7 build. I don't see the apple to apple comparision. I Think 195hp w/o motec is a greeeeeeat build. According to your math, BMW's should not be restricted to less than 195whp to be considered even with a very good RX7 build. The BMW should not be limited to a hp compared to an average RX7 build, beacause there would be potential still left for the RX7. This is ofcourse using the existing weights of the two cars, just as you did. This is coming from a guy who can not afford motec and is hoping his new build is even close to 190whp, but I have a feeling its not.(I'll know Wednesday.)

Please Consider This,

Greg

I misread your post. When you said "his" engine, I thought you were talking about the to RX-7 at the ARRC. My bad.

Tell us who the engine builder is, what the extent of the development is AND if it has programmable fuel management. Qualify your data if you want us to validate it.

You know the RX-7 weight. We have dyno sheets from a BMW guy showing 195whp. IT IS THE LOWEST WE HAVE ON FILE. Top cars showing 210 with full, 100% developement. Why are you using only the numbers that serve your arguement? We are using numbers supplied by BMW owners.

The best vs. best caclulations have been done. 195 is a very good build. 210 is tops we have seen. 175 is an average Mazda build. 181 is as much as we have seen but have heard 182. The following are UNrestricted numbers.

195/2850 = 14.62
175/2680 = 15.31

or

210/2850 = 13.57
181/2680 = 14.81 (182/2680 = 14.73)
There may be some advantage, but it is track/gear dependent, not outright speed beneficial. If you you want speed, revving past your power peak is not gonna get you down the track. Holding a gear longer into a corner without shifting can have it's upside - but it is about smoothness and maybe a slightly better lap time, but it isn't about overall speed.

Re-read the account on the review of the Huffmaster RX-7 video. PULLED down the straight by an obscene amount of car lengths. Please don't use the example as to the equality, then discount the evidence that it lays the pipe to the RX-7 in terms of power.

AB
[/b]