Originally posted by xr4racer@Jan 20 2006, 11:10 PM
Joe, thanks for your reply, when I look at my friends cars again next week I will try to se how mch weight they can leglally lose. What gets me is the CRB's love of SIR's that have not been proven on the track or if they were I am not aware.
The GTL cars SIR size got changed to a 1mm lower size even before more than a few had installed them.
To answer the other question about why SIR's are not on all cars. It is not needed on the other cars because they can carry the weight that the process shows they should race at. For some reason the CRB chose SIR's over putting 300 or so lbs on the BMW's.
To me I can't understand why they reduce weight on slower cars and do not add weight to the faster cars. It is EXTREMELY expensive to reduce a cars weight and not too much to bolt in more weight.
As I stated earlier I have an 86 RX-7 and I would be one bolting in the weight.

Matt
[snapback]71507[/snapback]
Matt, they are proven. they have been used in pro racing and in europe for years. I am not a big fan restricting anything but if it needs done this is the best way. The day a Z32 gets classed with one I will start construction on a new car.