Don't know how many of you guys are running the ECR series for points in 2006 but I though I'd post here and if you feel the same as I do about the proposed schedule ask you to email Carol Cone and your R.E. so that it is discussed at the SEDIV Meeting.

During a stretch starting with Daytona on May 6 and ending at Lowe's on June 17 there are 5 ECR races in 7 weekends. In the middle of the stretch there are two back to back ECR weekends (Homestead to CMP and Homestead to Lowe's) which is a direct violation of ECR rule 4.4 that says you cannot have back to back ECR weekends.

As the top 10 finishes count and there are only 12 or 13 ECRs scheduled this year you basically need to run them all if you are running for points.

My personal opinion is that the current schedule not only violates the rule but also puts an undue hardship by compressing 1/3 of the race schedule in such a short period.

I'm not proposing that any region drop a race, just spread them out in accordance with the rules or use fewer finishes for the year end points total, so we can afford to skip a few.

If you agree please send Carol and your RE an email.

Thanks.

Gary Jenkins
SM Driver
www.specmiatavideos.com