Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Dec 31 2005, 01:28 PM
People don't even protest cars in their class when they "know" they are illegal - nevermind a cornerworker protesting a car on track for a ITCS specific rule? I would hope the corner workers in my area would be more focused on passes under yellow, contact between cars and the overall safety of the space they are occupying.
[snapback]69689[/snapback]
Well, we surely agree on that, Andy. I would never lodge a protest based on what I saw/heard/smelled from a corner station. I might have a discreet word with the Tech Chief or one of the stewards, though.

But when a specific car does smell odd regularly from the corners, it sure makes me keep an eye on it in the paddock when I'm racing against it. In this case, I wasn't working corners that weekend, but I also wasn't racing against the car in question, though I'm in the same class (he was in the sprints and I was in the enduro).

I guess the bottom line is I'll keep a much closer eye on him, and I'll see what I can get out of him verbally, and go from there based on what happens.