Originally posted by rlearp@Dec 5 2005, 05:06 PM
Joe, I do not think simply because I think it is a good idea that it is automatically so. Never said that. And, I'm not "taking a whack at you", simply indicating a view point.

I personally think it is a good idea to take some newer cars, non-forced induction cars, non-AWD cars, and class them in a performance class above S. I think a goodly number of people feel this is so as well. Therefore, I will continue along the road of gathering the data and submitting it to the proper places. There are a surprising number of cars that could fit into this proposed class.

What I don't know how to handle is forced induction cars, AWD cars, and the like. I'm starting to feel these fall outside of what can be accommodated in IT and to try and make them fit would require adopting some other items that I personally feel are outside of IT - such as SIRs. My opinion, no need to flame me up or list five reasons why I am wrong - it is an opinion and nothing else.

I trust in the ITAC and think they can manage the current dispairities in the various IT classes using weight and nothing else. I also think that the ITAC working with the board can get a new IT class started, a class above S in performance, that will class a large number of late model cars into IT and get new blood as well as newer cars in the mix.

I'll never have the knowledge that Kirk, you, and others have of IT since I haven't been around in the SCCA nearly as long as you fellows. But, by the same token I am younger and might be the fellow still racing IT once you guys are gone therefore, I'll continue to try and gather support for an IT class that I, and some others, want to race in.

Best
Ron
[snapback]67399[/snapback]
Yeah no problem Ron, Enough said from me. Your own poll would indicate that 60% aren't with it at this point. I not sure how old you think I am but I promise my age has nothing to do with the current facts of racing today.

Antonio, T2 is the second fastest growing nationalclass today. It will not likely ever see big regional number because of the cost of the donor cars that are classed there. It's not about cracking a few eggs it's about limited resources and how we best use them to get things done.

Anyway enough said from me on all of this you all have fun.