Now here is a question - Since (currently) IT is strictly normally aspirated engines, how much (what percentage) can actually be gained simply by re-curving the map? I know the Miata's picked up about 4% on PEAK power by leaning out the upper part of the curve on some of the later 1.8's (1996 to 1997?). But on a system that measures MAF and provides fuel accordingly, how much is there to gain in this? (this excludes some of the old systems like Bosch D that has a fixed map and works off manifold vacuume which doesn't easily pick up on improvements to the rest of the motor, I think they really can make some gains by scrapping the OEM system & starting over)

With all the questions getting raised about if the ECU rule should get changed, I am curious what sorts of advantages are really being had, and by how many cars.

- what overall gains are made by starting from scratch?
- how many cars in IT can take advantage of an aftermarket system? I doubt that there is enough interest in the Wombat GT for someone like MOTEC to bother with it. BMW 325's & 2nd gen RX7s yes.
- what overall gains can be made w/ the current rules, but simply re-chipping/flashing the OEM system? Therefore what is the difference between this and a start from scratch system?

Lets here it, I'm curious.

Matt