* NER Club Racing finished the 2005 season almost $50K in the black. Kudos to the volunteers who ran such a successful program in an uncertain economy! Brian M and others are thinking about the best ways to invest some of that dough. New scales are a definite go, and we may need a new equipment trailer - one of ours got caught up in the recent flooding.

* Here's one for you, Ben Phillips! We discussed the feeling among some non-NER drivers that the NARRC series is weighted too heavily toward NHIS. The proposal, which I assume NER will bring to the NARRC Committee: eliminate NARRC points for the Racing Against Leukemia Regional (the one held at NHIS in August in conjunction with the Enduro). This cuts the NARRC points pressure to travel to NHIS twice in three weeks (the Cheap Date Double Regional, held in early September, will remain a NARRC race).

* Here's an early peek at the 2006 schedule. These are NER events only (exception: WGI). One bit of buzz: another region, I forget which one, has been asked by Pocono to take Mother's Day Weekend for a NARRC double. The region doesn't like that weekend for obvious reasons, so the event is up in the air.

APRIL 21-23, NHIS: 2-day school, regional race

NEW! MAY 27-29 (Memorial Day Weekend), NHIS: There will be a double regional Saturday and Sunday. We have the track Monday, and the region is thinking about various options - maybe an HPDE. (Hey, I wonder if we could run the entire oval on this, the weekend of the Indy 500? :119: )

JUNE 16-17, LRP: School and regional

JULY 8-9, NHIS: Pig Roast double regional

JULY 22-23, WGI: Double regional (hosted by Glen Region)

AUG 26-27, NHIS: Racing Against Leukemia, enduro and regional

SEPT 9-10, NHIS: Cheap Date double regional

OCT 20-21, LRP: NARRC Runoffs

Corrections and additions welcomed if I got anything wrong ...

Steve U
Flatout Motorsports
05 ITS