What doe most people fit for enduro lights on their car? I'm prepping our #43 Miata for the VIR 13 hour coming up and I'm looking for suggestions.

Last year Mark fitted #39 with two lights on a bracket that could pop on at dusk and be connected. I think they were both 60W lights.

Also last year I saw some people running around with like 4 100W Hella lights on a bar, but also heard just about everyone on the pit wall complaining that the damn lights were too bright, blinded drivers in front, and were way over kill for what was needed.

I was thinking to mount four additional 55W lights, two mounted in the grill opening and pointed basically straight ahead, and then two mounted in the outer grill openings and pointed slightly left and right for turning. Grill opening was choosen because:

1. Miata has enough problems at 100mph, don't add more drag by putting huge lights in wind stream.

2. Miata has more than enough cooling, so, blocking a little air won't hurt a bit. Any air not going through the radiator is not causing more drag.

3. Despite the coolness of plug in lights at dusk, a mount is just one more thing to fail. Having the lights mounted permanently eliminate the mount but expose the lights to more risk of breakage during the day.

Lights are relatively small. I planned to protect them and the radiator with some ally screen so rocks and whatnot won't break them.

What are other folks doing?

Ron