I submitted a request that we be allowed to disable and remove central locking systems in IT and have been playing around with my biggest pet peeve about our rules - the dumb "you can't build a CRX Si out of a CRX HF shell" rule...

The problem is that there are several major sections of the ITCS that bear on this issue. A change is a bit like taking the sugar out of a can of Coke - the problem is pretty integrated into the rules.

Any suggestions about how this might be tackled? I don't think I want to submit completely revised text for the pertinent sections, as a proposed change. Nor do I want to be too vague. The "intent" - hah! - is to allow a person to build something that is identical to ITCS-eligible Model X out of a year/model/trim level not on the same spec line, but posessing an identical body shell. It should go without saying that a revised rule would in no way allow a car to be lighter or of a different resulting specification than the listed option...

The VIN number rule needs attention - or elimination - and the "create a model" text needs to be addressed. It might be enough to simply remove some of that text but obviously, I don't want to create a monster.

Ideas?

K