Originally posted by hare_ITC@Oct 23 2005, 02:45 AM
To me it doesn't matter if my car has 300 hp or a measley 80 or whatever the rabbit has, so long as I can run with someone it will be fun. I thought that was the way amateur racing was supposed to be. My .02

Ron Davis
#22 ITC rabbit
[snapback]63260[/snapback]
That is absolutely 100% correct. I have driven alot of cars, and I say without hesitation that my ITC Civic is the most fun of the bunch.
And the guys I race against in ITC are first rate. Anyone who saw the race we had at Road Atlanta in July of this year won't soon forget it, and none of us ever so much as touched each other (well, except to bump draft). The most fun I've EVER had in a vehicle, and it has wayyyyy LESS than 100hp .

The problem is that the average joe doesn't understand this. When a non-racer type asks me what kind of motor I have in the car, the looks on their faces are always ones of disbelief when I tell them its the original wheezing 1.5 liter. When they ask for power numbers, I tell them "less than 100."
Most of the time I think they think I'm joking with them. In an age of NASCAR, F1, and 400hp turbo drift cars, the idea of a race car with a two digit power number is almost unfathomable to those that aren't "in the know."

But at the end of the day, my car hits the apex of turn 1 at Road Atlanta just as fast as those cars with 3 to 4 times its power. Faster than some of them , and it does it for a whole lot less money.
This is where we need to get more folks "in the know"