Ok... All your Rules Nerds

As a Steward In Training this past year I have worked with a number of stewards at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges, Beaver Run, Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, and NHIS. At each of these events I met stewards from other regions all over the country. Some are bigger rules nerds than others, but I can say the most important thing I learned (that sometimes we forget) is that ALL of the stewards that I met are volunteering their time to make our races safe and fun for all. My experience so far proved to be a very very interesting where I have to admit I learned a lot more than I thought I would. I was tested with a lot of interesting scenarios, both in actual protests as well as "what if's."

sooo... With that I figure I will sporadically give you all a few challenges that might bring up some interesting conversations. One thing to remember is that these teasers are based on the current GCR at the time of the original postings

This question is one that I have herd drivers ask at drivers meeting in my 20+ years of attending them. The question came to me from one of my favorite stewards, as a test...

Can you work on your car during a black flag all? Specifically where in the GCR is this covered?

Raymond "No Stephen and Jeremy Sheppard you are not allowed to respond!!!" Blethen

PS: I forgot, I said this was a contest... Any of our favorite businesses that visit this site want to sponsor a small prize??? If not I will think of something cheep like a shot glass from Lime Rock or something... LOL