Andy, you say “I hate to even suggest that we exclude drivers” but isn’t that exactly what happens with National events? “We don’t want to be forced to travel out of region”??? Going along with what Dave just said, in ’05 LRP hosts two National ONLY races and NHIS has one. So what is so wrong with having two races for a restricted regional? Absolutely nothing.

One thing that may put a kink into the plans are LRP’s ever increasing track costs. I wonder what impact that will have as I’m sure it will increase yet again next year. Will there be the same types of car number issues there have been in the past? I hear more and more drivers talking about skipping LRP events due to the costs, but who knows if that’s just talk.

“Those too slow go home.” Now this really rubs me the wrong way. How F-ed up would that be? Welcome to SCCA club racing rookie, thanks for the donation and we hoped you enjoyed your $250 qualifying session. Next please. There are many other situations that could also cause a person to qualify poorly. Even the fastest guy can have a mechanical issue. Or there are situations like I was in last year when the qualifying session at Summit was the first time ever on the track. (For the 1st qualifying session I came in dead last.)

I know we don’t want to go back to this discussion again and maybe it’s just because I’m fairly new to SCCA but I still don’t understand what the difference between regional vs. national racing is. (Other then the t.v. time national gets.)