Still trying to track down my intake leak which I think to be the cause of crazy high exhaust temps. Yesturday I started messing with the carb insulator. First it had a gasket on the top and bottom of it, still leaked. So I pulled the top gasket off, still leaked. By using carb cleaner and running the engine and spraying around till the idle goes up I think I tracked it down to the bottom gasket. In a moment of pure tiredness I pulled that gasket and put on a thin film of gasket maker. I'll know if it worked tonight when I run it.

So question for ya. Do you guys run gaskets on this thing? When I got the car the PO had just put the carb directly on the intake which I think was giving me pre-ignition issues due to the heat. Are these plastic spacers known to be a leak fest? Is gasket maker a bad idea there?

Oh, and what have you guys done to plug off that area on the lower intake. It's the large opening that has 3 bolts on it. There was a crappy metal panel with a home made gasket on it. I hit that with the gasket maker as well.

Website is looking good!

Ben
ITA RX7