I've been looking for a 2-car tagalong trailer lately. I've found some examples and Wally from Trailerworld (who's on this forum) has been EXTREMELY helpful. In fact, he contacted me a week or so ago with a near-perfect candidate.

My only problem is that I don't have any place to store a long trailer. I've got a nice driveway where I can keep the single-car trailer, but adding 75% again more length just makes it unwieldy. Plus, I have a narrow timber-bordered entrance way and a not-so-wide street, so I really can't be making wide turns. I'm still looking for alternatives, though...

However, I saw something this weekend that caught my eye. I saw a Ford pickup truck pulling two cars on a tagalong trailer, with one partially stacked on top of the other. It appears to have been a modified 18- to 20-foot closed-deck two-axle trailer, with a frame built on the nose. On that frame was a ramp onto which the first car was driven, then that ramp was raised and the second car was slid underneath of it. I pulled alongside the guy and got his number to contact him for details; he told me a "guy outta Texas" built it for him.

This sounds like it would solve my storage issues, and perfect for carrying two small cars (two Spec Miatas or one Spec and my IT Nissan coupe.) Has anyone else seen one of these before? If so, do you happen to have a source for it? I've called the guy but not gotten any response yet.

Thanks in advance,

Greg