We just finished our 2nd season race at Laguna Seca and I had a blast in the Capri. I found out that Laguna is a heavy braking track I had a couple of braking problems. I installed some brake cooling ducts after practice and that seemed to fix my front heating problem. My odd problem is that I seemed to lose rear brakes in the Qualify and race. I am running Porterfield R4 compound front and rear and I was getting extreme wear at both ends. What I think is happening is that the rear brake pads are wearing so much that the brakes get too much play to work effectively. By the end of the race, I was locking both fronts. Brakes were really strong in the beginning and that was where I was gaining on the BMWs.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem with rear drums. I'm wondering if I should try one of those residual rear brake pressure things. Here is a link to the Summit site.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...IL%2D260%2D1876

They have them in 2 and 10 pound varieties. I'm wondering if I can rig up the automatic adjustment thing to work or perhaps I should just go with more wear resistant lining material.

BTW, I took the ITB lead at my weakest track 25 minutes into the 30 minute race. On the last lap, I went wide in the last turn (#11) due to front brake lock and I ended up spinning. I ended up in 3rd position.

#37 ITB Capri