Ok, I came to a realization today (why it took so long I have no idea)... People spend a ton of money at this event. Last year we brought one car with a budget of $1,000.00 for everything including hotel, entry, and gas (yes we had used tires and ate the free track food). We went over by about $100.00 with cell bills included. This year we are bringing two cars, buying new tires and crew is flying in so we are planning on spending a quite a bit more. I will tally up the budget details later and post for people¡¦s laughter!!!

But, the point of my post was to give this one tidbit of amazement I had.

The Hotel Bill:

The Inn at Chateau Elan features 276 French-style deluxe guest rooms at an average of $184.00 a night. They are sold out. That is over $50,000.00 a night!!!

For me, we are getting 3 rooms for 4 nights. That would have been 736.00 per room times 3 is $2,208.00. That doesn't include taxes or tip. That is a lot of money and is only one of the numerous line items in ones budget for this trip!!! Who wants to sponsor us so I can be relaxed after that long haul from NH?

Unless someone sponsors us we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express (oh wait sponsorship is welcome for the Holiday Inn Express as well) across the street at $85.00 a night. The first night we will be sharing a room cause we are to cheep to get all 3 rooms for a half a night. This means our total will be $935.00 (ouch, that is a lot), but the crew is worth it . If anyone else would like to put us and/or our crew up in the hotel across the street let me know ļ

¡§Why don¡¦t racetracks have their own hotels? You would think they would sell out most weekends???¡¨

Raymond ¡§My bro took tourism management, why am I thinking of these things¡¨ Blethen
RST Performance Racing