Before the last race I put a fresh head on the car. Nothing unusual, just cleaned up, port matched and new seals. It was not plained. New plugs, wires, cap, etc at the same time.

At the track the car was really down on power and was getting hot. It seemed like it was detonating although I could not hear it. At the track we played with the ignition timing, check the cam timing as best we could with not much luck. It was way down on power and I couldn't run it hard for long without it getting too honda. Another racer that was helping said I probably had the wrong plugs in it. I can't remeber if he said it should be hotter or colder and I would know what that means anyway I left convinced I still had a timing problem of some sort and never came back.

Reading NGK's site today, it said that running too hot a plug can cause detonation and over heating. I checked my old plugs and new plugs, both NGK but different numbers. Sorry, I don't have the numbers here.

Does this sound like it could be my problem?
Can anyone recomend the proper plug for the car? The motor is pretty much bone stock, I run an open exhaust with a stock manifold at the track.

Thanks
Corey