I am building a 240Z for a possible combination of running in IT, and in Vintage. (I may end up going with Vintage only, because I know the vintage rules are much more liberal), but to start, I need some basic information.

My biggest looming question at the moment is in regards to a Cam.

Some basic background info:

I am running the stock L24, but plan on updating with new performance pistons, and bumping compression a half a point to 10:1, I already have the header and exhaust laid out. I would keep the stock Hitachi SU carbs and intake. I am running a mallory distibutor, with MSD ignition, and for fuel, I have the cell, twin pumps etc. (What fuel pressure should I set, I could find no spec on what the carbs can handle?)

So back to my main question regarding the top end, and head setup. What cam specs should I run (lift/duration)??? What about valves? I also see things like different lash caps, etc. What exactly should I get to set up?

I have tried Nissan Motorsports, and some of the big cam manufacturers, and no one can give me any kind of difinitive answer, so I figured I would come to the source. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

In addition, originally when I made the purchase, I bought a 72' 240, a 73' 240, and a 74' 260. I have the entire drivelines from all 3. What combination of engine, transmission, and rear end, do you recommend, I know the gearing is a bit different in each. I will be running Florida tracks only (sebring, Daytona, Moroso).

Lastly, some additional research pointed me to using an L28 head because of valve size etc. I dont have one, but do have the L26 head from the 260Z, do you recommend using that one on the L24 bottom end, instead of the entire L24 setup?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I need to start somewhere hehe!

Some additional overall info, I have Eibach stage 3 springs, Tokiko 5 way struts, Hawk brake pads on the stock brakes (all new parts though, rotors, calipers, hoses etc. on the front, new drums, wheel cylinders, hardware, hoses etc. on the rear).

Strut tower stabilizer on the front between the towers, all new urethane suspension bushings everywhere, Centerforce clutch assembly, and front lower air dam to run to front brakes.

Any other additional parts suggesions, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by mechboy (edited January 07, 2004).]