I am completely new to racing, and mostly lost. I'd be very grateful for any assistance and/or advice.

I'm getting my car sorted out, and it's mostly terrific now. I'm running a 1973 240z in ITS (hopefully ITE, too, in the future). Some of my issues are car-specific, some are racing general - everything from finding a cheap trailer to finding parts for my Z. I'm learning (and buying) EVERYTHING from scratch as I go along.

My most critical questions first:
- Where can I get a cheap transponder?
- Does anyone know of any inexpensive vehicle storage space in the East Bay that would allow me to work on my car during weird hours?
- I'd be grateful for any leads on parts for Z cars. I've picked up some of the links from other topics here on the board, but haven't found all the parts I'm looking for (immediate needs: upgraded distributor cap, heavy-duty fuel pump, shifter bushings).
- Cheap, reliable, race-friendly, Datsun/Nissan mechanics in the Bay Area for problems I can't handle on my own? (Particularly mechanics that would be amenable to teaching me)
- Any suggestions for beginner resources? Right now, I'm trying to get organized and come up with checklists for pre-race-weekend, pre-race, and post-race and figure out which tools are simply useful and which are essential. But I'm getting hung up on everything from selecting the right parts to selecting the right tow vehicle to how paddock space is marked.

Thanks!!!