Am in the process of installing the Ground Control coil-over kit, and ran into what I think could be a potential problem, and was wondering if anyone else has had this come up, and if so how you dealt with it:

The issue is that the upper spring perch is not attached in any way to the camber plate, and it appears there is the potential for the plate to lift off of the perch when the strut is fully extended (as would happen when jacking the car, or with the inner strut during hard cornering). There is a torrington bearing between the perch and camber plate, and I can envision this getting beat to death if it were to become dislodged (it's just sitting there on top of the perch), and causing all kinds of havoc. Even if it didn't move, I can't see how it would be a good thing to have the camber plate bouncing up and down on the spring perch. Is this normal for this type of set-up? Is there a way to restrict the stroke of the strut so this can't happen? This whole coil-over thing is new to me (my old Nova SS didn't need no stinking coil-overs), so forgive me if this is all elementary to those of you who have been doing this for forever.

As always, all help is greatly appreciated.

------------------
Earl
ITA 240SX in process