Anybody have this problem? I was testing on Friday. Came in after a session and the outside pad on the right rear caliper had disenegrated......metal to metal. The inside pad wasn't terribly worn, but some (these were new organic pads). It beat up if not destroyed the rotor, and the caliper was leaking fluid at the boot. So, I scrambled and found a new caliper and rotor, bolted the thing back together, thinking that a I had gotten a bad pad that had seperated. Saturday for the warm up, go out 6 laps, same thing happens again. I no longer had the money or time to go buy all new parts. And besides I wasn't convinced it was a pad problem. So much for the weekend. After talking to few people, and forming my own ideas, I have come to a couple of ideas of what the problem might be. 1) the stainless steel braided brake line formed a kink, collapsing in on itself. This then doesn't allow the pad to retract and it burns itself up. 2.) the Caliper pins under load get hung up (from wear or a notch that formed) and again the pads burns up.
The interesting part is that I never felt anything terrible unusual while actually on the track, although my the brake pedel firmness was a bit inconsistent (though never really soft). So anybody ever have these problems and if so, your solutions? Thanks in advance.

Tristan Smith
ITA Nissan 240sx #56