After freezing my A** off at the 25 hours of Thunderhill, I've decided next year will be infinitely better if I'm driving rather than spectating.
I'm looking at upgrading my Pro7 to a full IT suspension, to take better advantage of the class rules I'll running under (E2 - pro7, ITA, SM, Honda Challenge). I've been doing some reading of the archives and didn't see the answers to these questions:
A) Has anyone run Advanced Design struts with great success? I know Jim Susko sells them as does GC. They are quite pricey compared to a Koni or Bilstein. Follow-up to that: If you were running a 25 hour race with several 4 hour enduros prior to that, what struts would you choose and why? Remote Reservoir is legal, but budget prohibitive. I'm mostly worried about longevity. I already have a fresh set of Pro7 spec Tokico's; that solution would be the cheapest....

KC Raceware vs. G Force vs. ISC 3rd link. Is there a lap time difference? Is there a strength difference, or is the installation the most important item? Do any of them have known failure points that are likely to occur prior to 40 hours of running (assuming few to no off track excursions)? Follow-up to that: How much quicker / more comfortable will the 3 link be as compared to a stock 4 link with a panhard instead of the watts? I saw a reference to 2-5 seconds a lap, but not sure what the other side of the comparison was.

C) 98 Db limit - possible to hit with a full ISC exhaust? Will an SDJ header provide anything the ISC doesn't? I'm thinking over the course of 25 hours that quieter is better, assuming we are not killing the motor with muffling (Supertrapp)

D) Fully prepped ITA motor- I assume 25 hours is well within the lifespan of one of these? I'm looking at the ISC version as listed on Mike's site. Who else should I be looking at? I've got Mobius on the West coast as well as Haag. What do the fast Nor Easter’s run?

Thanks guys! This will be a fun year, prepping for this....
Marcus

[This message has been edited by Marcus Miller (edited December 08, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Marcus Miller (edited December 08, 2004).]