Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt:
"Accused" is WAY different than PROOF. *I* am from the school that most of the cheating comes from the mid-pack becasue the majority dont WANT to believe that they are being out-prepared, out-tested, out-developed and out-driven.

If you KNOW that someone is cheating, protest them, tear them down and penalize them. If you don't know, then a new set of rules accomplished NOTHING.

AB

I've seen this kind of response before and I'm not sure its all that practical. Educate me if I'm wrong, I've never been involved with a mechanical protest.

My understanding is that to file such a protest, I need to post a tear-down bond and document what I think is wrong. It's the last part that causes my confusion. All I know is that someone else is faster in ways that I don't think they should be, how do I protest that? I don't think I get to just say that the motor isn't legal, don't I have to be specific? Unless I sneak into someones garage and disassemble their motor, how do I know what to protest? What if I file a protest accusing someone of have a ported engine and he doesn't, but the rotor turns out to be illegal. Do I lose my protest and bond?