Andy:

....I am going to attempt to give you my perspective, BUT, I know this will only give you more incentive to disprove my reasons.

....1. We spend more time replacing brake rotors than most other classes. Why? Because we are trying to do more than what they are designed for.

So why should we want to add weight?

....2. Most of us have spent close to two thousand dollars on wheels that will be of no use to anyone if we move to ITB.

So why would we want 6" wheels?

....3. We have spent countless hours trying to get our cars competitive but are being judged by the majority that do not.

I always hear them complaining while I'm working on my car.

....4. A car with a carburetor cannot compete against a "no holds barred" ECU car without help no matter where you put it.

....5. We will be a hard fit wherever we go. A rotary engine has a personality that does not mix well with piston engines. (No Torque)

So we always get treated different.

....Review. I have been racing an RX7 for eleven years. I enjoy racing with the ITS/ITA cars. I spend more money, and work on my brakes more than other cars in other classes do. And I know for a fact that more weight with narrower wheels will only compound that problem.

.....Jake: I know my car is legal. If you are unsure, come to Savannah next weekend. And I'll let you (and anybody else that wants to) take a look. My car has been teched and checked so many times that I have lost count.

.....Andy: Since you will not bring your ITS car down to CMP I guess you will have to take my word for it. What gets me is, you do not have a first gen RX7 so where do YOU get your opinion? I hope you do go ITA with your Miata. Then you will see just how much disparity there is. Of course you may have already seen it in your ITS car. HUH

.....I have always tried to enjoy my racing as a hobby. The personal satisfaction of having built my own car and driving it at the limit gives me great pleasure. To me that is what SCCA CLUB RACING is all about. Trying to group cars together in CLASSES I know is an insurmountable task, but, no matter how hard you try you will not get them all competitive

.....I have tried and tried to get my car as fast as it can be. Now you want me (along with several others) to slow my car down. If the other people that are for the change had half as much time invested as I do they wouldn't want to make the move either.

..Okay Andy, There you go chop away, But remember, At least I'm not afraid to state my HONEST opinion.

....Rick Thompson # 99

[This message has been edited by Hotshoe (edited November 10, 2004).]