Bought the race car last summer and have always had major problems starting it. Finally figured out what the problem was when an apex seal went south during the March school in STL. For any of you that were there I was the guy in the yellow 1st Gen who needed a push start before EVERY fricken session. (Good news is I successfully passed the school).

I've searched this forum's old posts high and low for info about rebuilding the 12A but haven't come across a succinct (sp?) answer to the following question(s). Today I signed-up for Mazda Motor Sports but they indicate it will probably be a couple of weeks before approval and before I can purchase parts. I'm also awaiting receipt of a 2 1/8" socket to get the flywheel removed. Don't know how bad it is inside the engine yet but assume that I need a complete set of gaskets, seals, and probably (at least one) new rotor housings (ouch!). What can I do to get thru this as fast as possible as the season is quickly passing me by.

What I would like to know is... should I wait for my access to Mazda Motor Sports to buy a rebuild kit or is there another place that is reasonably priced and recommended thru you experienced users. If they offer friendly customer support it would be a plus. AND/OR if anyone has a reasonably priced rebuilt motor I might be interested.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Scott Goble
Ozark Mountain Region SCCA
IT7 #33
(417) 848-7584