OK, so now in the past few months a couple of new Hondas are moved to ITB the 85-87 CRX/Civic Si, or back to ITB in the case of the 86-88 Accord. So if a person were looking to go to ITB in one of these cars, which one is the better overall pic?

Obviously the Accord has the hp/torque advantage, but is heavier and I seem to remember the Accord has really tall gearing. The CRX/Civic is lighter, and I would suspect better on brakes and tires as a result, but a little down on power comparatively but with possibly better gearing.

I can't seem to find and lap times for the CRX or Civic because when they were in ITA the event results didn't differentiate the older CRX/Civics from the newer gen ITA CRX/Civics. Lap times for the Accord are no problem since I remember both Rivergate, OPM, and P Keane ran the cars in the SEDIV for several years.

I guess my question to all the Honda/Acura guys in IT, particularly guys who have direct experience with either of these two cars, is if you were today deciding to build or buy your car again, now that these cars are classed together the way they are, would you make the same decision? Would any of the guys who built the Accord build the CRX instead if you were doing it today? Vice versa?

Pros/cons of each model?

Thanks,

Floyd, who sold the Integra and is seriously jonesing to come back to IT. The question is "in what?"

------------------
Richard Floyd
'86 Acura Integra LS #90
SCCA ITA / NASA ECHC H5