A few months ago, I posed the question: Where can I get cheap wheels? (or something like that) One person suggested Borbet Type T wheels, and that's what I finally ended up with.

14"x7" Borbet Type T wheels with Kumho VictorRacer V700 tires, heat cycled.

I was in a bind since I trashed two of the AVS intermediates from hitting a median curb... I know stupid, but it was really dark and the median's break was really whacky, anyway that's another story.

So I bought some cheapo tires for the street mounted on the stock CRX wheels, and have the second set for autocrossing, trackdays and eventually, hopefully, IT racing. (big smile)

However, since I was in a rush and the 14x6s were out of stock I went with the 14x7s and 195/55 series tires at the suggestion of the sales rep. I'm still a bit unsure of this decision, but I figured these should clear my fenders, and when I feel bold enough, I could work the wheels wells a bit to fit wider tires under it eventually. There was one other factor that I think I'm forgetting about with the 7 in. wide wheels. Is it spacers? Brake dust covers? I'm sure I'll find out soon enough... as they'll be test fitted today, and driven on Sat @ Pocono!

-dave