Okay, for those of you who have helped me get this far, thanks again. I have considered all of the advice that I've received, and I have decided to follow some of it, and ignore some of it. In the end, I'm looking at building an ITA CRX Si from stock, and I would like some feed back from those of you who roadrace older cars like this to make sure I'm not missing anything right off the bat. Keep in mind, my schedule will not allow me to make this car competitive. I simply can't get to enough events in the next couple of years to worry about anything other than learning how to compete and how to drive. If, after I graduate and money is much less tight, I will likely buy a completely prepared car rather than continue to build this one. And who knows, after a couple of years when my options open up, I might not want to commit to ITA, so investing in a prepared car right now just isn't for me. Plus, everyone who knows me (including my own intuition) says that I would be unhappy if I didn't build the car myself, even if it falls way short of what I could buy for the same money. So, that being said, here are my plans for Phase I, which is intended just to get me on the track safely. I'm also including a rough budget:
1) 88-91 CRX Si (going rate locally is $1500-2500, stock and running strong).
2) Strip the interior, remove AC, etc. ($0)
3) Install 6pt cage ($700 shipped new, if I can't find one used).
4) Sparco Corsa race seat (already have it)
5) OMP steering wheel/hub (already have it)
6) Remote filter/Oil cooler (already have it)
7) Fire bottle (already have it)
8) Oil pressure, Oil temp., Water temp gauges (already have everything)
9) OPM Phase 2 IT Road Race Suspension (includes springs, coil over kit, 5-way adjustables, rear sway bar $1,128)
10) Replace all bushings with PU bushings ($160 from OPM)
11) Sabelt 6pt harness (already have it)
12) ATE brake fluid (already have it)
13) Rad flush, add water and water wetter (already have it)
14) Brake pads (front, rear depends on disk or drum, ~$100)
15) New brake rotors ($?)
16) SS brake lines (~$100)
17) OMP bolt-on pedals (already have them)
18) Kumho Victoracers ($500 shipped)

That adds up to roughly $2688 + rotors and car. Figure $500 to fix this and that on a 12 year old car, and I'm right at $5000-$6000

What I'm interested in right now is things that I might have left off of the list for Phase I. Like I said, my number one goal at the end of the first phase is to have a safe and reliable car to learn on. Things like power and additional performance mods can wait for now, and I likely won't go too far in that direction before I would just buy a prepared car.

Input? Laughter? Questions? Thanks for any help!