I'm building an IT-style 1988 Civic hatch (Quebec, Canada road race series) which will also be street driven. I'm wondering if I can build something high-flow which won't get me arrested but still perform on the track? They're pretty tolerant here, I had a Neon with a Flowmaster and high-flow cat which would set off car alarms and was never pulled over. Also, there are no emissions tests. This car has been a race/street car since new, but the former owner put a sissy street exhaust on the car of a ridiculously small diameter. Questions:
1) do I need to keep the resonator?
2) is there a Flowmaster product for me (I like the sound and the price)?
3) how is the Dynomax cat-back system (also inexpensive)for the D16? Does it fit on a D15 with minimal mods?
4) Cherry Bomb? Nice price! Do you use it in conjunction with other parts, or is it like a muffler?
5) Can I make a system that goes straight out the back instead of curving 90 degrees to save some bends and pipe length?
6) My engine now is a blueprinted D15 withou headers. I don't want to invest in this drivetrain, because i'm eventually going to swap in a B16A 1,6 vtec (hey, the rules allow it here, same class!). Is there a system I could build which would suit both engines? Obviously, the manifold of this engine (stock) does not match up with the header or manifold on my future engine, but the muffler place can cut and weld. Basically, can a system be made which can mostly be reused on the new engine (going from under 100 hp to 160 hp)? The Dynomax D16 kit is 2.25 or 2.5 inches. Is that enough for the B16A?

Thanks for any info.

Vince

------------------