Hi guys, I have a problem that is making life very difficult at the track. The problem is the rear suspension. I have a severe "Bounce" when I dive hard into corners. When I qualify and have the track to myself, I am consistently in the top 5 out of 22 cars. In the race, I get "pinched" and don't get to use the whole track so when I try to turn tighter, the rear seems to bounce about 3-5 times in the corner. Here's my rear suspension: Coil over springs with adjustable sleeves (400lb springs). A neuspeed rear swaybar (28mm set on the middle setting) and Koni adjustable yellow shocks. I carry about 39-40% of my weight on the rear, total weight 2125. I am on Goodyear racing slicks. The front seems to stick quite well. I've been told by some VW racers over the net that 175 and 200lb springs are a better choice for oval track, but I based my setup on the book "Volkswagen Sport Tuning for Street and Competition" by Per Schroeder. I understand that this setup was more aimed at people who turn right also, but I'm the only FWD at my track and I had no one to really ask.

Are the koni's a poor choice?
Are the springs too stiff?
Is the bar too stiff?
Can the rear be set too low?

Any advice is welcome,
Thanks a ton in advance,

Scott Uttech