I took my ITB Rabbit GTI to its first race last month, a non-SCCA event at No Problem Raceway Park (no kidding) outside New Orleans. Car ran nicely, but after a few laps began cutting out in right hand turns, coming back when straigtening the car out. Obviously this has to be fixed.

I am told the likely culprit is a broken in-tank pickup, leaving the fuel to be picked up on the right side of the tank. I have also been told that this happens to some extent with all Rabbits. So, would the best alternative be to:

Fix the stock pickup? I am guessing not.
Buy or build a better in tank pickup?
Or, add another pump and install a large diameter "fuel line" with bleed ahead of the stock pump. I called Denver and was told "they make some pretty large fuel filters" too. From what I was told surge tanks as a component of the fuel cell are OK, but with the stock tank installed things a little more in the gray area,with the dual purpose rule coming into consideration.

I am on somewhat of a budget, to put it mildly, but have to do something. Actually I probably won't run SCCA until spring, then going back to school, so I wouldn't run into potential rules trouble for some time.

Thanks,
Jeff Hackman ITB Rabbit GTi