Oh wise and knowledgeable VW guru's, please offer your kind assistance to a lowly ITC driver trying to get his new ITB Scirocco running. The patient is an 86 8 valve Scirocco. The problem is the fuel injection is not quite right. After to much time wasted, I've found the wiring diagram in the Bently for 85 and 86 Scirocco's is not the correct one for my car. After looking at the control unit plug, I've found it matches the 87 wiring diagram. So, I've tried to use that as a guide for troubleshooting. The frequency valve test plug (near the ignition coil) Shows 100% duty cycle no matter what I try to simulate. If I disconect the freq valve, I can get some reading changes that match the manual on the brown/blue wire to ground. I've tried connecting another valve (very used) with the same results. The valves ohm out to the stated specs. I'm thinking that the valves are both bad, but the wiring diagram for the test plug has got me confused. It appears that there is no electrical path from the freq valve back to the control module.

Any one? Please? Pretty Please???

Thanks,
Mark