Hey guys, I've been reading this forum and without a doubt, the most intelligent racing conversations happen here. It's really hard to find VW info that people really understand. I'm racing in a Mini-Stock Class that's dominated by 2300 powered Mustangs. I can have a 150 lb. weight brake to run a VW. I've raced a very competitive Mustang, but realized that you can't win by copying everyone else. So I'm building an '85 Golf. The car will have to weigh 2250 and I can place ballast wherever I want. I've copied the Grassroots Motorsports BSI racing cage, but with more door bars and an engine hoop. When I put in the engine hoop, I moved in the RF strut tower 1" to help with camber. (Oval track racing, only turn left) One of the biggest questions I have is, How do I run a fuel pump. I understand that the Golf has two pumps and an accumulator. Can I just get a Holley blue electric pump and be done with it or do I have to continue to run both pumps and the accumulator? Also can I run the Fram canister fuel filter that I've always run? (Holds about 1/2 quart of fuel with fittings on each end of the top block). I just want to keep it simple and sweet. (cheap would be nice also).

Thanks alot for helping a non-IT driver who wants to show the Fords what a VW can do...

Scott