Are you sure your calculations on cost are correct? I didn't see anything in your numbers that suggest even a hint of maintenance and capital expense for the equipment used during a race weekend, just to name a couple of expenses. Does your region feed the staff? Is there a party? I didn't see mention of those, either.

It's also interesting to turn the thing upside down and view the small cost differential as an incentive to enter the tripple. Not possible in an IT car? Maybe the region has been trying to strengthen its National program.

If you don't like being the subject of a directed marketing effort you might have to find another planet to race on.

Is there a Divisional Championship Series in RMDiv? How such a series would interact with the schedule is also a potential factor.

Are regional racers held in lower regard than national competitors? I don't know the situation in RMDiv. That's not the case in my region. Of course, we don't need to combine regional and national events so there's no way your situation applies, but have you thought about the impact of trying to split regional and national events in your region/division? If it's not possible you might consider what the region is trying to accomplish. Is it possible for them to even do a national without support from some regional classes?

Another perspective shift would be to consider the regional classes support groups like the lesser events on a Pro card. You want to play on the same weekend as the national competitors? You play by the rules that put the national classes first. If not, don't do the events.

As was already mentioned, what percentage of your race weekend budget does the entry fee, inflated or otherwise, represent? What percentage does the differential between what's being charged and what you want to pay, represent in your event budget?

Something that's been hinted at in other posts but which might need to be spelled out more clearly; while competitors at all levels are under represented in the management of most regions, regional racers are even less involved than national competitors.

Posting here gets you nothing but an opportunity to vent. Getting involved in your region is the way to effect change.

Originally posted by JeffW:
Looking at the fees for the doubles and the triple, it looks like the average cost per day is about $130- $137.50. (Hmmm... where have we seen that $137.00 figure before?) Singles for Regional and National events are still outrageously priced.