I offer a low cost device that has been tested and SCCA Pro approved. (The Wright Device) Now thta SFI has a testing procedureonly the HANS has been tested (restrictions in procedure). My device will pass but I don't have the money for the testing ($7500) and am looking for a sponser so it can be tested. I feel a low cost ($150) alternative is in the best interest of motorsports. Any help finding a funding source would be appreciated.
The way the spec is written only Delphi can do the testing. My early testing was done at Wayne State Bioengineering Center. Sled speed 35 mph. SFI sled speed requirement is 43.5 mph with Delphi named specifically to do the test. Dr. Hubbard helped write the spec and he did a good job excluding most all other devices on the market. Mine meets the requirements but the cost of testing is three times my total sales last year not including manufacturing costs of the device. I am not concerned with NASCAR or F!, they can afford HANS. But next year NASA will require a device that is SFI certified. These are low bucks racers and I think they should have a low cost alternative instead of giving HANS a monopoly in the motorsports world.

------------------
Jay Wright P.E.